Search

Teaching Calculus Volumes by Rotation



I don't know about you, but teaching the calculus unit about rotating a space about an axis makes me want to tear my hair out!

I start out the unit every year thinking...this is going to be the year that I finally get through to them...they are going to GET IT this year.  Then...every year is the same...they just don't get it, no matter how many times I explain, show pictures, make diagrams, have students that do get it explain...ugh, nothing seems to work.

So, one of my efforts this year involved making a graphic organizer.




I am open to your suggestions about this graphic organizer.  What should I add to it...what doesn't make sense?

In the meantime, here are some other items that can be used to teach volumes by rotation:



No comments

Post a Comment