It's suddenly May...we've almost made it! What could be better than a sale AND a giveaway? (Keep reading all the way to the bottom to enter to win!)
What kinds of activities do you like to use as the year draws to a close? I like to do things that keep kids minds on math, but they don't realize it! In my class webquests are a big hit. The webquests I have made teach the students something about math history - a topic we don't often have time for during the busy parts of the year.
Check one of these out:
1) Mathematician Webquest - this is one of my best sellers. Students match a fun fact about Mathematicians to the name of the mathematician. (see it here: Famous Mathematician Webquest)
2) Four Color Theorem Webquest - this is a fun activity for students of all levels. You can do part or all of the webquest depending on the level of your class. The big idea students need to understand in order to complete the activity is that there are only 4 colors necessary to color any map so no adjacent states are colored the same color. (see it here: Four Color Theorem Webquest)
3) Golden Ratio and Fibonacci Numbers Webquest - Students learn a little bit about the Golden Ratio through looking up items online and can also learn to draw a golden rectangle. Check it out here: Golden Ratio and Fibonacci Number Webquest
Now on to the GIVEAWAY!
Some of my STEM TPT friends and I have gotten together to sponsor a $50 TPT Gift Card. See below to enter the Giveaway...AND don't forget to visit your favorite TPT store on Tuesday and Wednesday May 3 and 4. Many stores are offering 20% off and TPT will throw in an additional 10% off if you use the code CELEBRATE!
Here are the stores helping to sponsor this Giveaway:
1) Teaching High School Math - (that's me :)
2) Jean Adams - Flamingo Math
3) Scaffolded Math and Science
4) Free to Discover
5) Algebra and Beyond
6) 4 The Love of Math
8) Math to the Core
Would you like to enter a giveaway to win a $50 TPT Gift Card? For each store/blog you visit you get an additional entry - so visit and follow them all so you have the best chance to win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway