Friday, May 31, 2013

Thinking About Ways to Get Students Involved - Fun In the Classroom!

I'm already thinking about next school year!  I am excited about two purchases I made yesterday on amazon.com

The first one is a set of Learning Resource Buzzers.




Each of these buzzers makes a different sound (honk, doorbell, boxing bell, and boing!).  I also bought a set of similar buzzers that make animal noises.  Cool!  I already have my class get into groups quite a bit, so this will be a fun way to have challenging competitions.  And, best of all, I won't have to be the judge of who answered first - I am hoping it will be easy to tell since each group will have a different sound.

I also purchased a set of  Magnetic Whiteboard Spinners.

I am envisioning drawing a circle on the board with the student's choices - whatever they might be - and then giving the spinner a spin.  I won't have to be the bad guy - a way to liven up math class.  What could be better :)


2 comments:

  1. Seriously looks like a ton of fun! Can't wait to hear the stories!

    Jennifer Smith-Sloane
    4mulaFun

    ReplyDelete
  2. oOOohhh I LOVE both of these! The spinners would be AWESOME for probability if an IWB isn't available and the buzzers would be awesome for group challenges!

    Can't wait to see what you do with them too :) (and what goes wrong - the things we never thing about that crack us up! lol)

    Liz - BaysideMathTeacher

    ReplyDelete